Morris G. Clarke built his home at 215 East Chicago Street in 1903. Mr. Clarke hired a Chicago Architect, Ashbury Buckley, who had designed many of the homes in Mackinac Island in the late 1800's.
Mr. Clarke, who was a Coldwater merchant, had his home built in the Colonial Reform style, complete with massive Greek Revival columns. When the Clarke mansion was finished, it had cost him a total of $15,000.00.
Morris lived in this beautiful mansion with his wife, Margaret, sons Charles and Edwin (called Ned), and daughter Sophia, until his death in 1927. Margaret continued to live in the home until her death in 1936.
In 1936, sons Charles and Edwin sold the property to a family that turned it into a rooming house. The Clarke mansion continued as a rooming house until 1988.
Harold and Jane Schultz bought the Clarke home in the fall of 1988, and completely restored it to the splendor you see today. On June 20, 1989, the beautiful Clarke mansion was opened as a Bed & Breakfast, known as the Chicago Pike Inn.
On December 9, 2005 Nancy Krajny purchased the Inn and renamed it Chicago Pike Inn & Spa since it now has a Beauty Salon and Massage Room
The Inn has many highlights - the gleaming cherry woodwork, the end cut parquet floors, the landing is illuminated by an Original Kokomo Opalescent Glass Window, made in Kokomo, Indiana.